2021 Lake Ice Cleanup - Saturday, March 6, 2021
The 2021 Late Winter Ice Cleanup will be the 18th annual lake cleanup, but due to COVID-19, the arrangements will be different this year.
Some things that are not changing:
- The event is scheduled for Saturday, March 6, 2021.
- Location is still the frozen surface of White Bear Lake.
- Goal of the event is to remove trash from the lake before spring thaw drops the trash into the lake.
- Group leaders are responsible for keeping their volunteers safe and following appropriate ice safety protocols.
Things that are different THIS YEAR ONLY. (In 2022, we expect things to go back to normal)
- Instead of having all volunteers gather at a central starting point (Bellaire Beach) for instructions and to receive garbage bags, there will be no central gathering spot this year.
- Instead of having everyone sign in on the morning of the cleanup, this year we're asking for groups to pre-register via phone call or email to coordinator Jim Schuster.
- Instead of having volunteers disperse from the central meeting spot (Bellaire Beach), when their group pre-registers, they will pick the part of the lake that they want to clean up. Then they just go there to do the cleanup on 3/6.
- Instead of using garbage bags that are provided by organizers, this year volunteers will need to bring their own garbage bags.
- Instead of getting a tasty free lunch sponsored by the VFW, this year -- due to Covid safety concerns -- we're skipping the meal portion of the event all together. (Sorry -- we just need to keep everyone safe. We expect the free lunch to be back in 2022!)
- Social distancing is required. If mixing families within volunteer groups, masks are encouraged.
Please contact Scout leader Jim Schuster with any questions or to register a group.
4th of July - Join your friends and neighbors on July 4th to celebrate the Nation's Birthday. Where: West Park and Memorial Beach. When: 8:00pm to 10pm. Food and Music!
January 30 , 2021 10 am- 4 pm Annual Polar Plunge at Ramsey Beach Fundraiser for Special Olympics
February 5 & 6th 2021 Bearly Open Fundraiser for White Bear Lake Area Food Shelf. This year will be different due to Covid-19 Instead of one day event there will be a golf course set up during the week prior and on Friday and Saturday Feb 5 & 6 the public can call and make tee times. This way people will be in there 4 some’s with their quarantine safe groups and social distancing will be between groups. Sorry no sponsor tents this year.
February 13 – 15th The Magic of Minnesota - Art/ Photos 11 am – 5 pm Open to the Public outdoor event dress appropriately. Bring your family to enjoy this colorful & magical photography exhibit highlighting some of Minnesota’s favorite creatures. Children may take one photo postcard for writing a note to Mother Nature.